Who we are
Our website address is: https://themexicocollection.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors sign up for market updates, join our newsletter or request information, we collect the data shown in the form — typically name, email address and sometimes phone number. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site as well as broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) based on your IP address and GPS location where you provide your consent. We collect this information about you using cookies and through third-party providers: Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Adroll, Campaign Monitor and Facebook. Please visit the third-party providers to view their privacy policies.
The Site may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags, local shared objects, hardware-based device identifiers, flash cookies, operating system-based identifiers, clear GIFs and web beacons.
A “cookie” is a small file stored by your device when told to do so by a website. Typically websites place a number of different cookies on an end-user’s device. Some of the cookies are “1st party,” from the website itself, and others are “3rd party,” belonging to advertising and analytics entities or social networks. Cookies are personal information. However, The Mexico Collection´s cookies do not include any other personal information and are typically used to quickly identify your device and to “remember” your device during subsequent visits for purposes of functionality, preferences, and website performance. You can disable cookies on your device or set your device to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use the Services.
Embedded content from other websites
Embedded content from other websites like videos from YouTube behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal information for following purposes:
- To provide and operate our site
- To better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the site;
- To communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us;
- To create aggregated or de-identified information. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with prospects, partners, or sponsors for business or research purposes.
How long we retain your data
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide you with a service you have requested. We will for example periodically de-identify unused accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary personal information.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either erase or de-identify it or, if this is not possible – for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives – then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until erasure is possible.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have filled out a form, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
No third-party providers have access to your data, unless specifically required by law, where you have consented with us to do so, or in order to provide our services to you.
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access correct, update or request deletion of your personal information. You may do so either through your account settings with us or by contacting us using the details at [email protected]
- To object to processing of your personal information (which is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests), ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you may do so by contacting us at [email protected]
- To opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing communications we send you or by contacting us at [email protected]
- If we are processing your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You may do so by contacting us at [email protected]
Should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to request to see this data, rectify it or have it deleted.
We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The Mexico Collection · Zihuatanejo, Mexico · Email: [email protected]